Wednesday 25 June 2008

Getting there



The movers were here yesterday, 3,5 hours, or 36 boxes and a bike later, they left. Task two: clear the living room, for the laminate man to come today. Mission accomplished. A glass of verdelho in my hand, laptop on my...right, lap, and the new floor to admire. Fake oak. Actually really like it. My bathroom is empty but for the stuff I now use, and my bedroom is empty but for the stuff I will bring. Main worries: the living room and spare bedroom. I estimate another 3 trips to the paperbin and 10 to the basement. Yuk. Fed up. Had Enough.

But this wasnt't going to be a whinge-blog (am not in pommyland yet after all!). This was to be a blog about my new home. Temp home. Originally, I thought I'd like to live in London's docklands, assuming they'd be similar to the Ams docklands. Everyone who knows both me and London told me not to. So I won't. But....to see for myself, my serviced apartment for the first two weeks of my stay happens to be in the docklands. On Isle of Dogs to be precise. In the Ontario Tower, to be even preciser. A big fat huge tall residential tower of 32 floors. The wee corner on the 11th is mine for a fortnight. The pics tell me I have a nice view through the floor-to-ceiling walls from my bed. Exiting!!

1 comment:

Rhubarb said...

I am really excited to read about your adventures in London! Have so much fun.....