Sunday 23 November 2008

Drama drama

Since I have moved to the UK three biiiig things have happened. The banks started going bust. Russ and Ross misbehaved on air. John Sergeant left Strictly. One might argue Barack Obama winning the US elections was also a big thing, but judging by the attention in the papers, it wasn't. It was more or less up there with Hamilton winning the F1. Now I have to admit I read Metro, London Lite and London Paper during the week. Not quite your Guardian or Times. So maybe a day-to-day Guardian reader would have a different perspective.

Anyway. That last biiiiiig thing. John Sergeant, the dancing pig on Cuban heels. When he decided to leave Strictly this week, BBC flagged it as Breaking News on their website. My (male) colleagues were in shock. The country was outraged, and even MPs felt the need to publicly express their opinion on this. Shocking. One aspect of English society I so do not understand.

No comments: