Sunday 12 June 2011

Preparing for my move

Birthday cards, Clippers organic tea, Merchant Gourmet lentils, loads of chocolate, HP sauce, marmelade, lemon curd, Lizi's granola, coconut flakes, dried pineapple, books, books, books and quite a few clothes. My coping mechanism is to surround myself with Englishness when I return home in two and a half (!!) weeks. I can't bring my gym instructors, colleagues or favourite restaurants so I will settle for what I can bring. The movers will probably think I'm nuts (as dI think did the check out girl at Waitrose when she saw all the cards) but he ho. I like the idea of having my english stuff around me in my Amsterdam flat in a few weeks' time. Strange feeling that this time in three weeks, I will have pretty much unpacked....

Oh, and to balance it out: four big bags full of no longer worn clothes for the Marie Curie charity shop and counting....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope the move went well and you are enjoying Amsterdam. I moved house 3 weeks ago and used this amazing removals company called Big Yellow Van. I was concerned about all my precious possessions being safe en route to my new place but the service I got was outstanding. The driver turned up on time, was extremely helpful and their prices cant be beaten! Check out www.bigyellowvan.biz or call 0207 870 1041 for more info.