Friday 16 September 2011

Barcelona!!

A disgrace. My friends' son Max turned 1 recently and I had seen him for about 45 minutes in his entire life. So I booked a ticket to Barcelona to properly introduce myself to the wee man and catch up with his awesome parents. They had moved since I last visited, and I instantly fell in love with Gracia, where they now live. It's lively, leftish, youngish and with loads of quirky shops and little restaurants. Some of the old locals can still be found gossiping on one of the many squares in the area.

In between playing with Max, we had a lovely time catching up and when Martin offered to stay home with Max, Elena and I went out and did some shopping. In my case two identical dresses in grey and black from a local brand. Which was the same dress Elena wore on our Friday night out. So not very original but hey, we're not really at risk of being at the same time at the same place wearing the same dress. Saturday evening was spent drinking Aperol spritzers in Barcelonetta, where the pic was taken. A great weekend, again!

Oh, and one thing: when Martin posted this pic on facebook, one of our mutual friends commented 'Saskia looks ready to be a mum'. I would advise not to interpret this pic as such, or you could get very disappointed. ;-)

No comments: