Monday 23 February 2009

A good day for film


British film that is. I have to admit, I haven't seen any of the succesful films. I salute Kate for her looks and style but have only ever seen her in one flick (no, not that one...Hideous Kinky it was). As for Slumdog - I read the book (Q&A), but haven't seen the film yet. Still, I feel pretty proud for the brits. Or maybe Europeans, as Penelope Cruz won a well deserved Oscar for her role in Vicky Cristina Barcelona (at least she did for the first 50 minutes of so, after which the plane landed and the screen switched off). But I do not think anyone is as proud as the people in Garibnagar, the colony where the kids in Slumdog are from. How weird it must be, going from the slums to Hollywood and back to the slums. The photo shows the Garibnagarians (if that is a word) celebrating the Oscar win. A beautiful pic.

No comments: