Monday 2 February 2009

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

When I was holidaying in Asia I was secretly gutted I missed all the winter fun and frozen canals. And I hoped to get some winter days after coming back. Well, I did. The weekend was crispy cold and Saturday was very sunny. I went to Broadway Market (a bit like Noordermarkt) and bought organic kale and chipolatas to make stampot boerenkool at night. How enjoyable it is to have a coffee in the cold winter sun. Yesterday, it was red wine in the pub watching the footy, getting nice and warm knowing it is snowing outside. Today there is so much snow in London that the buses aren't running, the tubes are partly suspended and my bike (that has been on the balcony since I moved in) is covered in snow. My mate Sat couldn't get home from City last nite and will try again from Heathrow this morning, but that might be challenging as well as a runway is closed. Let's see what the rest of today has in store. One thing's for sure: I'm not going anywhere that I can't walk to!

1 comment:

Mary said...

Send some snow this way please...