Sunday 24 May 2009

Copenhagen

Man, Copenhagen is a beautiful wee city! I am very lucky, most of the weekend has been sunny so far. It's all walking walking walking. A coffee break or lunch break, and I am back on my feet. The gorgeous canal houses, the palaces, funky Christiania surrounded by beautiful nature, the Quartier Latin and Nyhavn, I am loving it! Peeps seem chilled and friendly albeit a bit reserved. Loads of dudes drinking on the street, guess you have to with the bar prices here. My hotel (named '27') is great. Small but nicely designed rooms with a good shower, a god bed, a tea maker and free wifi. It's next to Copenhagen's Ice Bar and it's funky. And filled with 60+ loud Americans, funnily enough. Would defo book it again though. They throw in a decent brekkie and dinner too.

Tomorrow is for shopping, as shops were closed today (hello - is this a capital?! shops closed on Sundays?!). I already spotted a shop that sells my fav skandi brands (Bruuns Bazar, By Marlene Birger, Day Birger et Mikkelson and Designer Remix Collection). All in one shop. Dangerous. And I should really check out the vintage store around the corner. Chanel jacket and Marc Jacobs shoes in the window. The kinda stuff I can only afford vintage! Then again, this is Scandinavia. It might still bankrupt me... Ah well. Might check out Tivoli as well, time permitting.

No comments: