Monday 17 August 2009

A day at the cricket


Off to bat
Originally uploaded by Gypsy Saskia
Or two days, really. In Canterbury this time, where the Australian team played the Lions. Nothing beats watching the boys play in the sun. I am truly at my happiest when at the ground, and I am a damn happy person in all aspects. It's just the best. Even a friendly. Seeing Binga enjoying his bowling, seeing the boys signing autographs for the young fans, seeing a sea gull take off with the bail of Binga's freshly bowled wicket, seeing Binga chase said bird. Just another day at the cricket.

A bit of stalking we did too: we 'happened to' go for a pre dinner drink in the players hotel. No swimming pool scenes (as my footy focussed brother asked immediately) but enjoying the Viognier with slightly better views than normal. Bit starstruck I was!

Will have to go back to Canterbury another time, as I think the town deserves a bit more attention than I gave it. Staying in the friendliest pub, the nice little shops and the impressive cathedral are reasons to go back for more.

No comments: