Saturday 28 November 2009

Food heaven

There are few better pastimes than enjoying good food in good company. Yesterday's lunch was such a lovely event. One of my oldest friends was visiting, and I decided to treat her to something nice. Something very nice. Something two Michelin star nice. My first ever two star experience. And oh, the joys of living in London.....a three course lunch at Hibiscus sets you back £29 and a bit more with wine, coffee and tip. Exquisite service. And the food.... Oh. My starter was a terrine of mutton and pate, with black raddish salad and curry oil. Amazing. As a main we had the roast partridge with caper and raisin sauce, some veg and smoked beurre blanc. Desert was dark chocolate tart with white fig ice cream and yuzu. Nice small portions and all so delicious. Our coffees came with little chocolate thingies and smoked fudge. My lord.... Food heaven. What a treat. And just like both of us still often think of the meal we had at China Tang together last year, I bet this one won't easily be forgotten either.

No comments: