Tuesday 16 February 2010

Outed

First there was Petite Anglaise. The pommie in Paris who was anonymous until her employer found out about her blog in '06 and the following law suit was all over the papers and even on CNN. A book deal followed, and last year she stopped blogging.

My new favourite blog was Liberty London Girl. A pommie in New York's fashion world writes with the self deprecation the Brits do so well about her love life (or lack thereof), about food, and mostly, about fashion. The people, the shows, that skirt, those trousers. I knew her bra size from one of the hilarious posts but had no idea what her eye colour was. And I kinda liked it that way. Today however, she outed herself in Grazia. I tore open the plastic wrapper and went straight to the page of the interview. A pretty friendly face. Belonging to a girl who talks about writing a sitcom and turning her blog into a book. Now she is known to the world, the blog won't be the same.

So I need a new one. A blog that makes me laugh, makes me want to go places, to cook food, and most of all, makes me want to get to know the writer through her blog. Or maybe Sasha Wilkins can prove me wrong, and entertain the world with her stories for a long time to come!

4 comments:

Liberty London Girl said...

Morning! I have NO intention to change LLG in any way. I love blogging: that will never change. I hope you'll stick around for a little while...LLGxx

Niels said...

Well isn't that something, a reaction by the author herself! The internet, such a small world after all.

Saskia said...

@LLG: brilliant! No need for replacment then.

@ Niels: shut up ;-)

Poppy Gets a Life said...

I was about to launch in and opine that I think LLG will just get better now, because she will be able to write about experiences that may have been difficult to share before she "outed" herself, but I see that LLG herself has already commented! Hilarious.