Saturday 13 February 2010

Sports sports sports


After yet another week of cardio, pilates, aerobics and more cardio, I am pretty pleased to see a decrease in centimeters and a more toned body. The hard work is paying off. And the great feeling after a hard work out is so worth the effort.

The Irish' rugby team's hard work didn't pay off quite as much today. They lost miserably from the frogs. After a hugely exciting Wales-Scotland match, Les Verts broke their winning spell. Unlucky 13, after having won 12 matches in a row.

Now I am counting on Sven Kramer to make my day from a sports perspective. If only he can skate towards gold tonight.... While I am listening to Jochem Uytdehaage on the radio, I go back to the Salt Lake Olympics in 2002. While Jochem was skating his 10k, I was driving home from a farewell party of a colleague. I broke my own speed record on the A10, cheering and shouting whilst driving, hoping to catch the last laps. Just when I reached my exit, Jochem won gold. Tears of happiness running down my cheeks. Today I am lucky to have the combination of BBC internet and Dutch Radio 1. Go Sven Go! Make our day!

No comments: