Saturday 9 October 2010

Home sweet home

Coming home is pretty much as nice as being on holiday. I am sat on the couch with the Indy, Times and a coffee, watching the cricket in the mean time. A very normal Saturday morning, and a very happy one at that.

My days at the beach were bliss. Though it poured during the night, the days were pretty much dry which allowed me to spend hours with a book on the deckchairs. Thanks to a lovely fella with a second hand book shop, I swapped my detectives 2 for 1 until I had nothing more to swap. The more literary books I read are now on my book shelves, where they belong. Before flying home I had a last day in KL. I stayed at the lovely Royale Chulan, who kindly upgraded me to a club room, which meant access to the club lounge but, more importantly, provided me with a balcony with view of the Twin Towers. Awesome. I pretty much spent my last day having a mani, facial and massage, browsing the luxury shops in the mall in between. Got my Chanel khaki rose nail polish that had sold out in Singapore, so all happy. That was pretty much the extend of my shopping too, which was good! A last hainan chicken rice, a last portion of sateh, and off to the airport I was. All tanned and chilled!

No comments: