Friday 15 April 2011

Quinoa FTW

I regularly chuck this Southamerican grain in salads, or eat it with mushrooms and mozzarella. It's healthy, filling, and has a nice bite and slightly bitter, nuttery taste. Had it not been for POD, I wouldn't have associated it with brekkie though. POD is my favourite London take away food place. Crunchy salads, yummy soups and thai curries that are to die for. And as a recent addition to their breakfast menu: quinoa mango pots. At £2 a piece a bit pricey to have on a regular basis, so I succesfully tried to copy it at home.

The 'recipe': an espresso cup of quinoa is enough for 2-3 days. Cook it and mix one part of the cooked quinoa with two parts Greek yoghurt (I like Rachel's Organic for this). Chop a mango in bigger chunks and really small chunks (puree would be best if you have a food processor). Add agave or maple syrup to taste and done. Keeps in the fridge for about 2 days. Yum!

No comments: