Thursday 29 January 2009

Bye bye purse

My purse got nicked last Saturday. While I was immersed in Q&A (the fantastic book Slumdog Millionaire was based on) and enjoying my cuppa, someone must have lifted it out of my bag. In a quiet Coffee Republic on Queensway. Bastards. The costs of replacing everything are bad the enough, but my, the hassle. My Dutch driver's license seems to have to be replaced by a UK one now. I called the Mets who took my statement and promised the 'investigating officer' (sounds very The Bill) would call me back this week. Which of course he hasn't. I am waiting for a new Amex and new debit card - living off borrowed money in the meantime. The easy thing was to replace all my company cards. Waterstones, Tesco, the hairdresser, the gym, all easy. And fast. And with friendly emails. Waterstones sent me a mail saying the were sorry to hear my purse had been misplaced. Misplaced? Stolen!! Bloody english understatement. Anyway. I hope this is a once in a lifetime experience. And next time I will be reading a great book in a coffee shop, I will make sure it'll be one of the type where everyone is too stoned to even consider nicking my stuff.

No comments: