Sunday 29 March 2009

Right park, wrong dress

The Boatrace. Oxford vs Cambridge. The most famous rowing event in the world I think. I couldn't believe how busy Putney was, but as I was well early, I found a spot in the park by the river, right at the start. Zoe joined me half an hour later, and after freezing our *** off for another hour, the race started. And so did ours, as we raced to her mates Dave's place to watch the rest of the race. Glass of vino, two way too handsome brothers, and a whole bunch of Oxfordians, including another dutchy. Oxford won. Big time. We just chilled and chatted in the old fashioned living room of Dave's parents, in the beautiful little house in Putney. This was after a chilled and chatty 40th of an Australian mate yesterday and a chilled and chatty night in on Friday with Heather and Julia. I guess I can say I had a chilled and chatty weekend. The lowlight? The effect DST has in my body: it was nowhere near ready for the aerobics class at 10.30 this morning. But I went!

Oh, and the last words of the title? The dress below? Wrong dress. Or right dress, if it weren't so hideously expensive. Will take it back next week and use the cash to take my bro to Hakkasan. Money better spent.

No comments: