Saturday 21 March 2009

Still spring

It's still spring. Only I can't enjoy it properly. My new project is at a big investment bank that went bust in September, and working for the administrator means much pressure, long hours, much politics and many deadlines. I managed to get a quick run and a yoga class in but other than that it was a week full of work. But by Friday 4pm I'd met my target for the week. So there was time for me and Zoe to have a cheap and cheerful Italian dinner in South Kensington before heading to the Royal Albert Hall for a classical concert. Really enjoyed it, even got the hang of singing Rule, Brittania and Land of Hope and Glory.

But back to spring. I can see spring out of the window of the 24th floor I work on. I can actually see the whole of London and the next counties on a clear day. Which when the sky is blue looks very springy. Zoe mentioned the thousands of daffodils in St James Park, so I might get my camera and do a London-in-spring arvo tomorrow. Today I just rest. My head was spinning last night and it won't have been the one glass of red. Will go for a run, do a bit of work that needs done by Monday morning and will watch all three ruggers matches, hoping for Ireland to win its well deserved grand slam. And that's all. Balcony doors are opened to give me the smell of spring without leaving my couch. Sun and longer days, the best thing in the world.

No comments: