Wednesday 22 April 2009

Hakkasan

Before I had even moved to London, one of my best mates had insisted I'd visit this place. I knew I would, but not for just any occasion. My brother's visit last week was special. So I booked Hakkasan. It's supposed to be a great place for celeb spotting, but we were focussed on the food way too much. And the wine menu. And on calculating how many taxi receipts one would need to be able to expense a £ 1450 glass of whiskey. Hakkasan has a michelin star, and man, does the wine list rub that in. It fell from the 17th to the 36th place on the best resto's of the world list that was announced yesterday but is still considered one of the UK's best restaurants.

Soooooooooo....my expectations were high. And wow, my expectations were exceeded. Great staff, great wine, and the food...just amazing. So refined. I just loved everything from the plates to the interior to the desert. Definitely a place to go for a special occasion. Just be aware: if you want the £ 140 peking duck with beluga, you will need to order 24 hours in advance.

No comments: