Sunday 5 April 2009

Thou shall travel

The red curry I made tastes almost like in Thailand. Em's status updates from Freo remind me of the trip I made there in 2003. I was on the phone for an hour with my Italian friend in Vienna. The tv in the background shows a detective series set in Botswana. I saw the pics of a friend's south america trip, listening to tango music. The book I am reading takes me to the Frisian country side in the last century. I am thinking of all the beautiful food I will eat in Lisbon, about the fado I will listen to, about the coffee shops of Seattle and meeting little Ramona. Today I am travelling big time. I haven't left the docklands but travelled miles and miles in my mind. Nothing, absolutely nothing, beats travelling. My feet are itchy as hell.

No comments: