Wednesday 8 April 2009

The week of the unexpected reunions

Friday morning I had an email from Cath, who I met in Cinque Terre last October, being a friend of a friend. She was in London with two of our mutual friends - could I meet them for cocktails that night? Of course I could. Three raspberry champagne cocktails and a curry later I took a tube home - having really enjoyed the impromptu reunion.

On Monday Victor, a guy I met in WA in 2003, mentioned in his Facebook status update he was in London. He'd forgotten I was here too, but I reminded him and a few emails later we agreed to meet on Tuesday. We had a sneaky beer in the sun and dinner at Gaucho's (great meat, the weirdest ever waitress). His girlfriend of 2003 is now his wife, and bub number two is on its way. They moved from Sweden to Switzerland, I moved here. Other than that, not much had changed. How lovely to catch up.

And today I exchanged some emails with a schoolfriend. She works for PwC as well, but was on secondment to SanFran when I joined. Nice to swap stories and agree to meet up some time I'm back in the country.

Unexpected reunions rock.

No comments: