Wednesday 3 June 2009

Booooooooring

A stomach bug or whatever it was kept me home for a few days. Truly sick on Sunday, crap Monday and Tuesday and back at work today feeling a bit lightheaded still. And christ, I am bored. Not being able to exercise drives me up the wall, there is only so much you can read with a head ache and the route between couch and bed really isn't very scenic. So...tomorrow it has to be over and done with.

I want to meet Chantal for dinner before going for drinks with fellow Dutchies tomorrow and to go to Lords with Zoe on Friday for the England - Netherlands 20Twenty worldcup game. Or Netherlands.... Half the players are, apart from their passports, about as Dutch as I am Australian. Ryan ten Doeschate, a great player, is a Saffa, as are some of the others. There is a dude who was born in New Zealand, as was Borren (who I went on a date with four years ago, only to find out on cricinfo he'd been playing for New Zealand's under 19s pretty recently). The rest seem to be posh The Hague born guys. The few I met in person made such a crap impression I will never support the Dutch team. Don't think much of the English either (I love the English but hate them in ruggers, footy and cricket) so I guess I will be Switzerland on Friday night. But hey ho: It's Lord's, it's with Zoe and it'll be Friday night. I will have a good time regardless!

No comments: