Saturday 6 June 2009

Holy fricking crap


The Dutchies had me enthousiastic from the beginning, much to my surprise (so much for my "I will never support the Dutch team" two blogs down.....). They did well, the Dutch crowd (consisting of mainly 'kakkers') were making noise and the atmosphere was great. The English batted first and got a reasonable 162, and then it was for us to bat. And batting we did. Sixes even, unlike the English. Heaps of fours and a consistent run rate. I was jumping, cheering, shouting (all this from row 1, I might add) and clapping. And then that last ball... Two runs needed. Two runs run. Watch the video. The joy of the players was so big. A bunch of amateurs (as in....most of the team have day jobs that don't involve cricket) agains these pro's. Un-effing-believable. The hangover means I miss most of the kiwi game today, but off to the Oval in ten for some more cricket!

No comments: