Saturday 13 March 2010

Dutschj

My boss is a bit of a muppet. In the nicest possible way. A good guy who likes his cricket and football and once admitted feeling a bit uncomfortable a Dutch, and a female Dutch at that, was so into cricket. I thought that was kinda cute. Recently, he has started copying a colleague, who has schpoken to me like disch sinsch I joined the firm. Assuming that is how the Dutch generally pronounce their english. Boss takes the effort to put it into writing though, especially when the Dutch guard is doing the London-Reading shift on his train home. Below the email he sent me last nite.

"Itsch Friday scho itsch de Dutch guard on de train to Reading. He hasch jusch announsched that I can't usche my perschonal schteeeeerio in the quiet car.

Schoot - I wasch hoping to lischten to schome tunesch

Have a good weekend - can we speak Mon re this survey thing?

Doidoi.......however you spell it!"

It had me in stitches. The doidoi is the result of me once ending a phone call with my Dutch boss with the words 'doeidoei'. English boss has been using it every time he sees me since. Men truly are just big kids!

No comments: