Wednesday 5 May 2010

Elections

Tomorrow is D-day. For Cam and Sam-Cam. For Gordon and Sarah. And ok, maybe a little for Clegg the Clogg and his Spanish missus. And I absolutely hate not being able to vote. I mean, I understand the rules and I understand why I can't vote. But I so have an opinion. I have immersed myself in the campaigns, the points of views. I have followed the debates on Twitter (sorry Gordo, Nick and Dave, European football wins when it comes to chosing the tv channel). It's been a hugely fascinating campaign. The weirdos at the BNP and UKIP who I have seen in tv-interviews (ok, maybe not too different from home with our blond bombshell...). The hype around the honorary Dutchman. The mud throwing between labour and tories. The short time span between official announcement and election dates, very different from the situation in the Netherlands. All the celebs who have spoken out their preferences (Michael Caine, shame on you). Tomorrow night I will be glued to the tele to watch the prelim results. And in a month and a bit I will get my chance. For the Dutch elections I have already sorted out my vote. For now, I will be a bystander in the country I call home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Waarom heb je je niet geregistreerd voor je lokale council elections dan? Had je iig nog een beetje inspraak!

Saskia said...

Lokaal was ik geregistreerd, Europees mag ik ook stemmen, maar landelijk is toch het belangrijkst in mijn ogen.