Friday 20 January 2012

Country nr 3

Petronas Towers by Gypsy Saskia
Petronas Towers, a photo by Gypsy Saskia on Flickr.
Guess where I am? ;-)

The last day of my hols. One more night in KL before I start my 18 hour journey home. It's a good thing I've been to KL before as I feel incredibly inactive. I start my mornings in the pool, walk to one of the malls for lunch, laze in my hotel room with iPad and books in the arvo and walk somewhere for dinner. That's it. And man, it's nice.

Just taking in the scenes, drinking an iced coffee while watching the world go by and reading are the most relaxing thing. And the food, oh, the food. Bebimbap, Laksa, butter prawns, nasi rames, I've had all sorts of great Asian dishes. Even tried durian ice cream but just like the fruit, it's not for me.

Though I hate malls in the US, I love them here. So many nice cafes, food courts, and Chanel and Dior window shopping is a good way to spend some time. Behaved reasonably well: did some Uniqlo shopping simply because we don't have them in NL, got one of Chanel's limited edition nail polishes and bought Aesop creme that is actually cheaper here than in Oz.

So...last day tomorrow before heading to the airport. If all goes to plan I should be drinking a Melburnian coffee in my Amstie apartment by 7am on Sunday. Nice.

1 comment:

hope in high heels said...

I loved KL... the malls were incredible. I couldn't believe the size of them! Thanks for your comment - I use Blogstomp for my photos - it creates the frames based on my settings. I think you can also use online tools like picnik (which is being transferred to Google+). Happy collaging!