Saturday 10 October 2009

Cape Town day 4

From the moment we met in the BA lounge, we were a team. Over the past three days we looked after each other, car pooled together, had dinner together and developed in-jokes. Last night a Dutch colleague joined and from today, the team will include her. Regardless of what we work on, we're in it together. It's good. Today we plan to go up Table Mountain and do sundowners on Camps Bay. Good food and good cocktails are the main goal I believe.

It's nice to wake up to blue sky every morning and see the big flat mountain from the brekkie room. It's utterly confusing to read dutchish all the time, and I am starting to mix up my languages big time. I also wonder if I never took the lift last time I was here. It's called a hijser, and I'm sure I didn't know that. Few things to get used to as well: condoms in the ladies at work. Being served by black people wherever you go (just when I'd started to get used to being served by Eastern European girls in London). And a cheerfullness around me I am not used to. This will be a good few weeks.

No comments: