Saturday 24 October 2009

Hoooooooome

After a lovely last night out in Cape Town, I flew home yesterday. Thursday night we spent at the patio of the mozambiquan resto on Kloof Street where we'd been before. Amazing calamari heads, chicken piri piri and a dirt cheap very decent pinotage. Colleague David and I decided to finish things off with a wee drink by the pool of my hotel. A good end to the first tour. I have never been so excited to go home from anywhere. Southafrican Airways business class was fab. Nice wine (a blend I'd never heard of before and have forgotten the name of), very nice port, a lovely stewart and the best of all....a big mug of tea when you wake up in the morning. 6.20 am I landed, and by 8am I was home. Drowsy from lack of sleep (note to self: take those sleeping pills I have next time). Yucky from sleeping in clothes. And happy to see London wake up, to drive past all the sights, and to realise how lucky I am to live here. A whole week of Londenness before my second tour starts. Nice nice.

No comments: