Tuesday 29 December 2009

Brighton Beach


Colours
Originally uploaded by Gypsy Saskia
Jetlags suck but on the upside: thanks to the jetlag I was out and about at 7.30am this morning. Off to Brighton Beach, to see the cute beach huts. Not surprisingly, I had the beach to myself bar a few locals walking their dogs.

After Brighton, I managed to fit in South Yarra and Prahrad, the botanical gardens, little Vietnam (yummmm pho) and the city. I am now properly sunburnt and my feet properly hurt.

On the way to little Vietnam, an old dude by a tram stop looked at me and said 'You're sunburnt, you're a pom?'. When I told him I was Dutch, the first association was not drugs, cheese or tulips, but airplane bombers for a change. He made up for calling me a pom, by calling me a 'youngy' later. and for telling me the cricket score.

No comments: