Friday 29 August 2008

Back to the Dam

One of my oldest friends, Erik, is getting hitched tomorrow in Amsterdam. So I have booked my flights, packed my suitcase and am off to City Airport in a bit. A suitcase for only two nights may seem a bit extravagant, but it is a proper wedding. With hats and all that. No hat for me tho, as apparently hat season is done with after Ascott and forking out £200 at Selfridges seemed a bit excessive. But two dresses, a clutch for the day and a small bag for the night and two pairs of heels take a bit of space. I don't think I will ever have looked so stylish. From the pedicured feet to the clutch, it is so not me! Or so not the old me, I should say. The new London-me likes stiletto's, girly dresses and nicely painted toenails. The old me is still there, of course. The girl boarding the plain will be wearing brown havaianas on her feet, clear nail polish on her finger nails as a DIY-colour-paint is still asking for trouble, and a simple top on a shabby pair of jeans. No make up, her in a messy bun. I will save all my not-so-effortless styliness for tomorrow!

1 comment:

elena said...

welcome back! looking forward to dim sun on sunday!