Wednesday 13 August 2008

Feet

Looking for an investment? Buy stocks in band aid producing companies. I go through a pack a week. Surely, that must boost their profits. It's not that I got really clumsy or started cutting myself: it's the shoes. The London ladies tend to wear stylish shoes to work. I used to do jeans and nice sneakers on non-client facing days or jeans and flats if I felt stylish. Not in this country tho. And before, if I did wear heels, I'd walk from my car to the office or the client, which doesn't really add up. Not in this country tho. I walk at least 40 minutes a day. There is the flipflop option, that I sometimes use while commuting, but in the office I'm f&*ked. Since my arrival I bought two pairs of strappy sandals (that are awfully elegant and ok from a blister perspective just bloody hard to walk on) and two pairs of wedges (one giving me '9' blisters on a scale from 1 to 10, the other maybe a 7). Surely this must get better at some point. At which band aid sales in the UK will decrease notably. So better buy those stocks now, before my feet get used to belonging to a London gal.

No comments: