Thursday 21 August 2008

Boreout

If I do not slowly die of boredom, then surely I will suffer from a boreout very soon. Six weeks now of doing very little. I have become the go-to-girl for all shitty pieces of work. Proposal support on subjects I know nothing about, internal strategy documents, and so on. No problem normally but with no client facing work all of this just bores me to death. I knew this could happen, joining a new firm in the holiday period but it is starting to get to me know. A workfriend who is seconded to the Sydney office suffered exactly the same fate when he joined earlier this year and he is my chat buddy on many a morning now, trying to cheer me up. I keep going to the gym four times a week, keep trying to be cheerful and keep enjoying my nights and weekends. But bloody hell, the office is a tough place to be at the moment. :-(

1 comment:

elena said...

oh, I do understand you sooo well! I am in this situation since a couple of years. If it wasn't for Martin and friends I would have left long time ago.. so not all is bad, as you say you can still enjoy your social life. Just be patient, that is also a good excercise and makes you stronger!