Tuesday 30 September 2008

Christmas party

Yesterday I received my first Christmas party invite. Or rather, christmas lunch that will go on for a bit. I have had chrissy parties before of course, but not in England. And they are (in)famous in England. From my understanding, everone gets fuelled with enough booze to start their own Wetherspoons. If held in or near the office, you should have your bum photocopied. At least one person pukes in a plant, en someone will tell the boss what the team really thinks of him (my boss is safe from that I think, he's a great guy). A (dutch) friend of mine even managed to fall asleep in the loo on her first christmas party here and woke up in a locked and empty bar. Thank god for fire extinguishers and large windows (minor detail is she left her purse behind but she picked it up a few days later and noone ever suspected anything). Ours is on the 18th of December, so we can recover in the boss' time (Friday) as well as our own (Saturday and possibly Sunday). It will be a theme party. Belly dancing may be on the cards, which would be amazing. I have several colleagues whom I'd love to see making an arse of themselves belly dancing. Quite a few sleeps still, but exitement has kicked in already. Watch this space!

ps: anyone who hasn't heard of the british christmas parties: get a copy of the christmas special dvd of The Office - bloody brillant

No comments: