Saturday 27 September 2008

Lacking inspiration....

....but here's a very useful word of warning re Panda Beer from my mate Dale. Well, useful if you ever go to Syria that is. Damn I wish I could write like him (then again, he is a journo and I am a finance nerd. Surely he must be wishing he as as good a finance nerd as I am. Or maybe not...).

"I’ve discovered the world’s worst beer. Panda Beer – which presumably gets its name from the fact that if you have more than one you wake up the next morning with two black eyes – has 11 percent alcohol content and leaves an aftertaste not unlike that created by the liquor distilled from used tyre rubber. I doubt that last tyre-rubber-liquor drink actually exists but if it did I would suggest that a ready market for it is available in Syria, although the life expectancy of its enthusiasts can’t be guaranteed. Holy hell, what a truly awful beer. I’ve consumed a fair number of the world’s endangered animals in beer form (Elephants, Tigers, Lions) but the Panda is the first to actually make me want to purchase a large calibre rifle and shoot its namesake. In fact, if I were a Panda, I’d get some legal representation and sue the manufacturers for undermining the good name of Pandas everywhere."

No comments: