Monday 29 December 2008

Sas is digging the sun

Bangkok day 4. This morning I moved from a swanky hotel to one of the very few hostels in town. Nice homey feel, they even do a new years gift swapping thing the 31st. Loads of comfy chairs and stuff and a large room (en suite, by myself, my dorm days are well and truly over). All good. Will miss the pool tho, how nice it is to lay on a 16th floor rooftop sunbed overlooking the city! New place is in a slightly seedy street off Sukhumvit. "We offer confidential and massage" (sic) kinda signs in the shops. The sex tourism is one thing I will never ever get used to, it is so disgusting. And there's a fair bit of it in this part of town. And my god, the men are ugly. If not by nature, than self inflicted. As much as I love tatoos, a tattooed had is just a no. Also like to be able to see some skin on upper body and arms.

Finally decided what to do after coming back from Hong Kong. Decided I do need my beach fix, so booked a flight to Krabi to stay in a simple resort that you can only get to by boat. Not as 'The Beach' as it sounds, pretty touristy, but should be fine for 2.5 days.

Update:
The buggers were fully booked. Half an hour later I still hadn't found anything decent on the net apart from the Sheraton. Fourtyfive minutes later I had booked the Sheraton. Sod it, I'm on holiday. And on the euro rather than the pound (who'd have ever thought that'd be a better option?!). So five star resort....I am ready!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is het de Sheraton dichtbij Ao Nang? Die is echt prachtig en niet zo heel erg toeristisch! You'll love it there, I'm sure! ENJOY!!

Saskia said...

volgens mij wel anna. grappig dat je die kent. en dank voor je berichtje1