Wednesday 15 October 2008

Mid year

In an organisation like ours, there is a constant flow of appraisals on projects, deliverables et cetera. All of this comes together in an informal 'mid year' and a formal 'year end appraisal'. Today I had my mid year, three months into being here. Not that UK years have six months as opposed to twelve, but the appraisal year ends in March, hence the mid year being now.

I so wasn't looking forward to this. Don't think things are going too well, haven't been in a comfort zone in months and am not really feeling to happy about the work I do. Luckily the boss had a different view. My attitude rocks, I fit well in the team and overall he is just very happy to have my on board. The fact that his quality standards are a bit higher than mine is a very fair point so will improve on that. Big relief overall. Have been worrying for nothing, seriously wouldn't have been surprised if he suggested sending me back to the Netherlands. Stupid how my brain works....

5 comments:

John West said...

Waar hebben we dat eerder gehoord??
Trouwens, waar zijn alle verhalen over kerels?? Remment en ik zitten met smacht te wachten op wat verhalen over "snogging".

Saskia said...

Jaja, ik weet het, ik leer niet echt he? En er is nog niet gesnogd, mocht dat gebeuren dan zal ik jullie uiteraard gelijk een SMS, fax en telegram sturen!

Anonymous said...

Ha Sas,
gefeliciteerd met de opluchting! Go, girl!
xxx Sandra

Anonymous said...

John West,

Je neemt me de woorden uit de mond. Minder appraisal en meer 8-jes draaien. Ik heb trouwens nooit aan je getwijfeld, barones, behalve die ene avond in het hotel, maar ja, toen was je lam.

Saskia said...

@Snip: welke ene avond hebben we het hier over? Heb jij me maar een keer lam meegemaakt?!