Monday 6 October 2008

Shows

Ever since I saw 'Zeldzaam' aged 13 or so, I have loved musicals. In Holland I saw Les Mis twice, loved Aida, went to see Saturday Night Fever as my musical teacher had the lead role, and saw Miss Saigon. All fine and well, once I got used to the songs in Dutch. But London is just a different league. Before I moved here I saw Bombay Dreams on the day my nan had died, which made it hugely emotional and even more memorable. I also saw Chicago and We Will Rock You. All by myself, was generally here to see friends who weren't into that thing. Whenever I have friends in town myself however, I love it when they suggest to see a show. With Canadian Danielle I saw Wicked, with Italian Marianna I saw Les Mis, and Thursday I will go see Avenue Q with American colleague Heather. Don't think my Dutch friends are too keen on seeing shows... Avenue Q didn't appeal to me at first, but friends who saw it were raving about it, so I'm sure I'll love it too. It seems to be Muppets meets Sesame Street for adults. Update on Friday!

2 comments:

John West said...

If we talk muppets, I would suggest to check out Fur TV on MTV! Wicked :)

Saskia said...

I don't have MTV :-) But will look it up on you tube!