Friday 24 October 2008

New friends

When I came to London, my friend Zoe moved here with me. I have a couple of Australian friends here who I met in Sri Lanka, an English friend who moved back here from the Dam and I made a Dutch friend via a blog. And that was fine. I have enough friends in Amsterdam, enough in London and don't necessarily need the sometimes ridiculously busy social life I had in the Dam. Decided I couldn't be bothered to put effort into making new friends and rather spend my time chatting to old friends.

New Yorker Heather joined our team a month ago and asked if I wanted to go for dinner shortly after that. And that turned into a frequent thing. When she, english colleague Viv and I went for dinner last week, Heather invited an Australian colleague to come along too. And when Heather, she and I decided to meet for dinner tonight, the aussie brought another friend.

And so I found myself in a Thai restaurant with a Vietnamese New Yorker, a Vietnamese born Melbournian and a Thai born, kiwi bred Chinese whose family moved to Melbourne in his teens. The melting pot that is London. I just love it. And some new friends are worth the effort!

No comments: