Thursday 22 January 2009

Food

The english can be quite obsessed by food at times. And they do great 'behind the scenes' shows (a bit like Dutch Keuringsdienst van Waarde I guess). Today I was watching a program at channel 4 about cheap food, mainly meat and poultry. Now years ago I decided I'd rather eat a small piece of proper meat or poultry twice a week than cheap stuff every day. And man, this program was a reminder of why I do that. The amount of junk that you find in cheap meat. Disgusting. Heston Blumental made good use of his cooking skills by injecting water in chicken breast. And hey ho, the chicken breasts looked exactly like the normal supermarket ones. The amount of sausages on the market with hardly any meat, apple pies with less than 10% apple... Thanks but no thanks. I'll just eat less but I'll eat the real stuff. Well, that, or whatever sausages and meat balls Pret uses in their soups. You can't always be a food snob!

No comments: