Friday 23 January 2009

Vouchers

Before I moved here, I thought Americans had a voucher-loving-monopoly. Boy, was I wrong. Vouchers for resto's, for books, for sports clothes, for cinema, for god knows what. Boots and Tesco occasionaly send me vouchers in the mail for discounts on bread, magazines, hair straighteners and what have you. I tend to put them in my wallet, only to throw them out two months after expiry date. Vouchers are clearly not in my system. Signing up for the newsletter of a nearby spa entitled me to a £10 facial. Using a bloody voucher. So the thing is in my bag now, and knowing myself, I will probably show up at the spa on the day of the appointment with another handbag and no voucher. Luckily some of my colleagues and friends are more voucher-clever. So my lunch with a colleague at Dim-T on Wednesday turned out to be cheap, and dinner with Zoe soon will be at a voucher-resto as well. Credit crunch dining and shopping.

No comments: