Wednesday 7 January 2009

Hello from Macau

Though my intention was to go to Macau yesterday, showing up at a border without a passport somehow doesn't fly, so managed to bring it along today and board a ferry this morning. An hour and several passport stamps later, I was in Macau. What an amazing mix of Chinese and Portuguese. I keep getting confused about where I am. And this PC keeps getting confused about font sizes... Sorry for that (and for the typos, I can barely read the screen). Fell in love with a room divider, than would look fab in my Amsterdam pad. The sales lady said it might be gone by the time I have returned there. D’oh. Haven’t the chinese invented copying? So with a pic and a business card I left the shop, thinking I might ask them to remake the thing at some point. Most remarkable street so far: a little one off the main Cathedral where every shop sells almond cookies (yum) and dried meet leaflets of all sorts of animals (yuk).  What a strange combination. Off for some portuguese seafood soup now. Ciao!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha Sas,
leuk om te lezen, je doet veel meer dan ik. Maar ik 'deed' HK alleen als tussenstop onderweg naar huis na bijna 4 maanden weggeweest te zijn, dus ik was reismoe. Maar nu begint het weer te kriebelen...waar zal mijn volgende reis heen gaan?
Have fun en ik zie je in A'dam.
xxx Sandra

Saskia said...

@ Sandra: da's een groot verschil ja. Zo 'deed' ik ooit Singapore. Tot over 3 weekjes!

xx