Thursday 3 July 2008

Arrived

Well, I am truly in London now! Just my luck to get a cabbie from the airport to have no clue where I had to go (bloody massive apartment buildings there, let alone a Raddisson). Guy was as rude as the Amsterdam ones, no escaping them!!

My temp apartment has a great view over the City and Canary Wharf (which has the most amazing shopping center I must say). Italian dude was waiting for me and explained everything, and than I was by myself. First thing: explore the organic food kitty I was given. Leave it to the poms to inlcude 80 teabags for a two week stay....

Went to see an apartment (or 'property', as the English like to call it) in Canary Wharf yesterday. Fantastic place, two bedrooms, right by the water and it has a balcony. Area's a bit quiet though, so need to think about it. More apartment hunting today in Islington, Clerkenwell and Borough. Hope to have found something by the end of the day!

Not much other news. Seem to be settling in well. Met friend for lunch yesterday, had a call from Zoe who just moved back to London from the Dam and watched Nadal kick Murray's arse in a little park with a big screen and hundreds of suits in Can Wharf. Oh, and I bought elegant platforms. The Dutch girl slowly has to transform into a more elegant English woman. Not today tho, today's Birkenstocks and jeans day!

No comments: